Tuesday, October 10, 2006

REJECTED




I was rejected from knitty, but I have three usable patterns, so I thought I'd post 'em for the good of the knitting universe!


Btw, the graph might look a little funny as a .jpg, but if you click on it and save it to your computer as a .bmp; it should work out perfectly!
First off:

What Jamaican?

SIZE
S


FINISHED MEASUREMENTS


Chest: 34 inches
Length: 19 inches


MATERIALS
[A] Lion Brand Microspun [2.50 oz./70 g 168 yd/154 m]; color: Lime; 2 skeins
[B] Lion Brand Microspun [2.50 oz./70 g 168 yd/154 m]; color: Ebony; 1 skein
[C] Lion Brand Microspun [2.50 oz./70 g 168 yd/154 m]; color: Buttercup; 1 skein

US #5/3.75mm straight needles


GAUGE
23 sts/28 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch

PATTERN
Back:
Cast on 80 sts, work in garter st for 4 rows, cont in st st until piece measures 3" from beg.
Work chart
knit all sts using A.
Armhole shaping:
BO 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows (64 sts) BO 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows (60 sts) BO 4 sts at beg of next 2 rows (52 sts).
cont in st st until armhole measures 7". BO all sts.
Right front:
Cast on 40 sts, work in garter st for 4 rows.
cont in st st until piece measures same as back BEFORE ARMHOLE SHAPING. Work armhole shaping same as one side of back. Cont in stst unitl armhole measures 3", end with WS row.
Neck shaping
BO 4 sts, purl next row, BO 2 sts, purl next row, BO 2 sts (16 sts) cont until piece measures same as back. BO all sts
Left Front
Rep as for Right Front, reversing all shaping.

FINISHING
Edging
Sew pieces tog. On right side, with RS facing, start from bottom and pick up and knit 98 sts using B, knit 5 rows. BO, Rep on left side with RS facing, start from top.
With B pick up 68 sts around collar, work 2x2 rib for 13 rows. BO
Weave in ends.

17 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Ranee said...

I can't believe these patterns were rejected. I've been reading about more and more people being rejected, it must be a product of the number of submissions they are getting. I'm a little wary of sending in one of my designs because of it.

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Margaret said...

Your pattern is very nice! Thanks for posting it. :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Love the design! Jah and One love baby :)

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You definitely know how to keep
a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos,
I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Feel free to visit my site glutenfreie Ernährungsform

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Dear, are you really visiting this website on a regular basis, if so after that you will definitely take nice experience.

my blog post ... alternative investment research

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable task and our whole group will be grateful to you.

Also visit my webpage :: paleodiät

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent way of describing, and nice paragraph to obtain data about my presentation subject matter, which i am
going to present in school.

My website :: install wordpress

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me
when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on
each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment.
Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?

Kudos!

Here is my website :: tractionkite
My web page > drachen wiesbaden

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After looking over a handful of the articles on your website, I seriously like your way
of writing a blog. I saved it to my bookmark
webpage list and will be checking back in the near future.
Please visit my web site as well and tell me what you think.


Feel free to surf to my web blog: healthy diet plans for women

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pal and I had just concerning the argument is an concern comparable to this one!
Now I admit that I was appropriate. lol! defined as the music of a bad back: D

Take a look at my blog :: Real Work from Home

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hі tο all, how is the whole thіng, Ӏ thinκ every
onе іѕ gеttіng more frоm
this web sіte, аnԁ уouг vіews аrе pleаsant іn favor of new νisіtors.


my wеbsite :: pittsburgh florist

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prettу! Τhis has been an eхtrеmelу wοnderful artіcle.
Тhanκs for provіding this info.

Нerе is mу weblog ... bulk ѕhаmρoo ()

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i'm sаtisfied to
еxhibit that I have an incrediblу goοd uncanny feeling Ι cаme upon exactly what
I neeԁed. I such a lot suгеly will
maκe ceгtаin to don?t overlook this site and give it a glance
on а cοnѕtant basis.

Takе а lοok at my web blog Dish Network

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admiring the hard ωork you put into youг blog and in depth informаtіоn you
provide. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted гehashed mаterіal.
Wοnderful геаd! Ι've bookmarked your site and I'm adԁing your RSS
fеedѕ to my Googlе асcount.

Αlѕо visit my blog - pure green coffee extract

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Τhanks in favor of shаring ѕuch a fаѕtidіous oρinіon, article is pleasant, thats why i haѵe гead it
cοmpletely

Аlѕo visit my weblog; sportsbet

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastiс іssueѕ altogether, you sіmplу gaineԁ a brаnd nеw reader.

What could уоu recommenԁ about уour post that уou simply maԁe a few
days in the past? Any sure?

Alѕo νіsit my page - Car Insurance quotes

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd
figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a
blog article or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same subjects
as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from
each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an
e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog
by the way!

Feel free to surf to my web page: similar internet site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home